Terms & Conditions
- Tuition Cancellation Insurance
- Cancellation Policy for Full-Time Programs (Full Year & Term-by-Term)
- Missed Installment Payments
- Cancellation Policy for Night School, Summer School, Private Courses, Semi-Private Courses, Private Repeat Courses, and Blyth Academy Online Courses
- Additional Terms and Conditions for International Applications
- International Student Refund Policy
- Instagram Contest of April 12-19, 2023 Rules & Regulations
Tuition Cancellation Insurance serves to financially protect families in anticipated and unforeseen circumstances.
Without this insurance, refunds will strictly not be provided as per our Terms and Conditions. We encourage all families to consider their specific situation and assess whether such protection may be beneficial.
This level of protection can be purchased at a cost of 5% of total tuition and must be paid at the time of enrolment. The unused portion of the tuition will be refunded should one of the following events occur:
- The student has a serious illness which will prevent them from returning to school within 6 months. In the case of a temporary illness of 6 months or less, the student may be granted a leave of absence from the school and apply the remaining tuition upon their return. A letter from the family doctor will be required.
- The family is forced to re-locate due to a job change within the same company. A letter from the employer will be required stating that the re-location will prevent the student from attending their current Blyth campus or any other campus due to distance.
- In the event that a student is declined admission, any tuition fees paid will be refunded
- If you submit a Full-Time application prior to completing the campus interview and receiving acceptance, your deposit will be held until the Admissions Process is completed and the student has been formally accepted to Blyth Academy
- The one-time application fee is non-refundable under any circumstance
- Upon acceptance, tuition fees are non-refundable
- In the event that a student/parents are not forthcoming with information which could negatively impact the performance of the student or their peers, Blyth Academy reserves the right to dismiss the student from the school without refund
- In the event a student is suspended, expelled, or otherwise required to leave Blyth for any reason, all fees paid to Blyth are strictly non-refundable, no exceptions
- An NSF fee of $50 will be applied to all cheques processed with insufficient funds
- Credit notes are non-transferable between students, valid for 12 months from issue date, and are applicable to all Blyth Academy programs
- Items not included in tuition fees: textbooks and school supplies, materials fee, field trips (not associated with the Learning to Learn (Foundations) or partnership programs), science lab fee, special events (i.e. prom or graduation ceremonies), partnership course fees
- Students must submit proof of pre-requisite for course(s) upon registration. No credit will be issued where the student fails to submit or has not completed the required prerequisite, or equivalent.
- Blyth Academy will refund 100% of the tuition fees paid in the event that we are not able to offer an advertised course
- In the event a student is suspended, expelled, or otherwise required to leave Blyth Academy for any reason, all fees paid to Blyth are strictly non-refundable, no exceptions
- Discounts and promotions cannot be combined under any circumstance or applied retroactively.
- An NSF fee of $50 will be applied to all cheques processed with insufficient funds.
- Late payments will be assessed a $50 surcharge for failure to pay by the date(s) specified on all invoices.
- Credit notes are non-transferable between students, valid for 12 months from issue date, and are applicable to all Blyth Academy programs.
- Items not included in tuition fees: textbooks and school supplies, materials fee, field trips, science lab fee, special events (i.e. prom or graduation ceremonies), partnership course fees
- Blyth Academy Online
- Fees are due in full prior to course start and are non-refundable.
- Courses may be transferred for the same student to another online course prior to course start for an administrative fee of $150.00.
- Night School & Summer School
- Course offerings vary by school and some schools do not offer all courses. All dates and times are subject to change. Blyth Academy reserves the right to cancel courses at any time, for lack of sufficient enrolment. In the event a course is withdrawn, students will have priority access to another course or will receive a full refund.
- Tuition fees for night school & summer courses are fully refundable up until 90 days prior to the commencement of the course
- Between 89-46 days prior to the commencement of the course, a credit note for 100% of the value of the course will be issued
- Within 45 days of the commencement of the course, there will be no refunds or credit notes issued
- Private, Semi-Private, and Private Repeat Courses
- All Private, Semi-Private, and Private Repeat Course fees must be paid in full upon registration. Private, repeat, and semi-private courses are not guaranteed and can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to staff
- In the event a Private, Semi-Private, and Private Repeat Course cannot be staffed, the course fee will be refunded in full.
An international student is defined as any student who does not hold Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or refugee status, regardless of where they are physically living.
The one-time $250 application fee is non-refundable under any circumstance
- In order to receive a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from Blyth Academy, students must submit current transcripts (translated), a copy of their passport, and $2,500 tuition deposit
- Failure to provide the above documents and deposit will result in an application being declined
- International students are required to have an interview with the principal of the campus they have chosen for study.
- International student fees are due in full before June 1st for students attending Term 1 (September), or at the time of enrolment, whichever comes first
- International student fees for students attending subsequent terms are due in full 20 days prior to the start of the first term attended by the student
- International students will be refunded 100% of their tuition if their Study Permit is declined with the following caveat: families must complete a request for refund form and attach proof of refusal and forward both to Blyth Admissions within 15 working days from the date stated on their Letter of Refusal. The registration fee is non-refundable and tuition fees are otherwise non-refundable. In the event a student is suspended, expelled, or otherwise required to leave Blyth for any reason, all fees paid to Blyth are strictly non-refundable.
- Credit notes are non-transferable between students, valid for 12 months from issue date, and are applicable to all Blyth Academy programs
- Valid medical insurance is a mandatory requirement for International students attending Blyth Academy. Applicants will be automatically invoiced for Blyth-offered medical insurance unless proof of coverage accompanies their application
International students will be refunded 100% of their tuition should their Study Permits be declined with the following caveat: families must complete a request for refund form and attach proof of refusal and forward both to Blyth Admissions within 15 working days from the day stated on their Letter of Refusal. The registration fee is non-refundable and tuition fees are otherwise non-refundable. In the event a student is suspended, expelled, or otherwise required to leave Blyth for any reason, all fees paid to Blyth are strictly non-refundable.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
2.1 Eligibility: The Contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are the age of authority in their province of residence. Under age participants must have permission from their parent/guardian to participate in written form (a form must be completed once they are selected as the winner in order to receive the prize.)
Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in this Contest: (a) any person who, at any time during the contest period, was or is a director, officer, employee, or agent of Blyth Academy.
2.2 Contest Period: The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m., ET, April (12, 2023) and ends at 10:00 p.m., ET, April (19, 2023) (the “Contest Period”).
2.3 Contest Entry: To enter the Contest, register as a follower of Instagram/blyth.academy (the “Contest Information Page”) on Instagram. No purchase necessary.
To be a @Blyth.Academy follower, you must be a registered user on Instagram (a third-party Web site). If you do not have an Instagram account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Instagram account at www.instagram.com. You will be asked to provide your first and last name and email address and to set up a username and password. You may also be asked to answer optional questions; however, they need not be answered in order to be eligible for the Contest.
2.4 Contest Entry Restrictions: Entrants receive one (1) entry during the Contest Period per Instagram account. Entrants will receive (1) bonus entry if they share the contest post in their Instagram stories and tag us (@blyth.academy) during the “CONTEST PERIOD”. (If the Entrant’s profile is private, they must share the screenshot of the story on the same day it was posted)
2.5 Contest Submission Requirements: To be eligible for entry in this Contest, you must meet the following specific requirements:
During the Contest Period @Blyth.Academy will post about the contest. You must follow @blyth.academy on Instagram and tag three friends (handles you follow on Instagram) in the comment section under the contest post. By participating, you warrant and represent that the profiles and profile handles that you tag (b) do not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (c) will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; (d) is not defamatory, trade libellous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names and addresses (physical or electronic); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of the Contest Sponsor; and any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Any profile tags that the Contest Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules will be disqualified. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to edit or modify any tag/comment, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her tag/comment, in order to ensure that the tag/comment complies with these Rules, or for any other reason. By entering the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Contest Sponsor in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use their profile handle name/comment in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her tag /comment in favour of the Contest Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities, including, but not limited to, Contest Sponsor and their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any tag/comment, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her tag/comment, for any reason.
2.6 Publishing Materials: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to allow Blyth Academy to publish their Entry, and Instagram handle, in all media, including but not limited to BlythAcademy.ca without additional compensation.
The Contest will award the following prize package to one winner. Approximate Value: $150.00
One (1) $50 Amazon.ca gift card
One (1) $50 Starbucks gift card
Each Prize must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the Prize will not be allowed. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, or the equivalent cash amount, in the event that the prize described is unavailable due to circumstances beyond their control.
3.2 Odds: The odds of being randomly selected to win the Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries during the Contest Period.
3.3 Prize Draw: The potential winner(s) will be chosen by random draw, which will take place in Toronto, ON, at the end of the contest period.
3.4 Notification of Selection: Selected entrant will be announced publicly on Instagram after the Contest Period closes. @blyth.academy will send a direct message to the selected Entrant within 14 business days after the end of the Contest Period. The selected Entrant must reply within two (2) days to maintain eligibility. Underage Entrants must provide written parental/guardian permission within two (2) days through the permission form that will be provided by Blyth Academy. If the selected finalist cannot be contacted or does not respond within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to select another eligible Entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible Entry.
In order to win, the selected Entrant must complete the agreement form provided by Blyth Academy as well as, correctly answer an unaided, mathematical skill-testing question. The selected Entrant will have two (2) days from the date of receipt to return Instagram direct message confirmation with the proof of the completed agreement (screenshot of the submission). If the selected Entrant does not do so within this period of time, another Entrant may be randomly selected and the initial selected Entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards the Sponsor, or any of the Contest Entities, or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, divisions, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, franchisees, service agencies, or independent contractors.
4. GENERAL RULES
4.1 All Contest entries obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules are automatically void. The Sponsor will be the sole and final reference source in validating a Prize claim.
4.2 By participating, each Entrant and selected winning Entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by and always be in compliance with these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor; (b) to release and hold harmless the Sponsor or any of the Contest Entities, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, divisions, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, franchisees, service agencies, or independent contractors, from any and all liability for claims/damages in connection with their participation in this Contest or the acceptance of any Prize, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury or for loss or property damage with respect to acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prize; (c) to permit the Sponsor or any of the Contest Entities to use the name, city and/or province of residence, photograph, video, or any likeness of the winning Entrant(s) for advertising or publicity purposes without any additional compensation.
4.3 The decisions of the Sponsor in relation to this Contest will be final and binding on all Entrants.
4.4 The Sponsor or any of the Contest Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription or registration of Contest entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions, line failures of any telephone network, failure of computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online survey, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
4.5 The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the Contest. In the event of early termination of the contest, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award all prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination or no prizes shall be awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify this contest or disqualify Entrant if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the contest as determined by the Sponsor, at its sole discretion.
4.6 If a selected Entrant is awarded the Prize due to a system error, malfunction or defect the Prize will be returned to the Prize pool, to be re-awarded.
4.7 Under no circumstances will the Sponsor, or any of the Contest Entities, or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, divisions, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, franchisees, service agencies, or independent contractors be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.
4.8 The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and local laws, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Sponsor, Prize Provider and / or the Contest Entities in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All Entrants consent to submit any dispute arising from these Rules to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the Province of Ontario, region of Toronto.
5.1 The Sponsor and / or the Contest Entities warrant that it will only use the personal information collected through the Contest and will treat all personal information with the utmost care.
5.2 The personal information collected about you is limited to the information you have voluntarily supplied through the Contest entry.
5.3 Except as provided herein, the Sponsor and / or the Contest Entities will not divulge any personal information gathered through the Contest to third parties. Moreover, the Sponsor and/or the Contest Entities will not sell any personal information collected.
5.4 The personal information collected will only be used for the following purposes: (i) use of the winning Entrants’ information as described in section 4.2 above; (ii) administration of the Contest on an as needed basis.
5.6 Despite efforts to ensure third parties will not access or obtain your personal information, complete confidentiality and security cannot currently be guaranteed on the Internet. Communication via the Internet is subject to interception, loss, or alteration. You acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor and/or the Contest Entities or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, divisions, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, franchisees, service agencies, or independent contractors cannot be held responsible for damages resulting from the transmission of confidential information or personal information over the Internet and that such communications are at your own risk.