New scholarships now available | Application deadline July 8th
Scholarship Program for 2022-2023
Scholarships are available for all students applying to full-year studies at any of our in-class campuses INCLUDING Blyth Academy Orbit.
Blyth Academy’s 2022-2023 scholarship program aims to both celebrate and reward student academic achievement and commitment to school life, as well as make the Blyth Academy experience accessible to students who require financial assistance for their education.
Merit Scholarships are judged, in order, of the following: Academic Success (based on your report card), Leadership (based on your leadership experience, such as volunteering, sports related experience, extra-curricular involvement, summer jobs, and so on), Student Integrity (based primarily on your reference letter), the quality of your application (well-written, no spelling errors), Community Involvement (including such things as volunteer work, extra-curricular activities, part-time or summer jobs, good works, and so on), and finally the Award Category that you choose. If you choose an award category for Academic or Community, we give extra weight to that, but Academic scores and Community Involvement always matter in these applications.
Equity Scholarships are judged, in order, on the following: your level of financial need (as determined by formal tax documents like your parents’ T4 and also by your letter of need); the category you choose; your community involvement; and the quality of your application. Your academic record and your leadership experience will still be looked at, but these things are not weighted formally in the equity application (although they contribute to the overall quality of your application). We still need your report cards or transcript to consider your application. As well, your leadership experience should still be written about in your application.
Academic Impact: recognizes students who have excelled in their studies to date and have also supported their peers in doing so.
Athletic Impact: recognizes students who have demonstrated passion for and success in an athletic pursuit.
Community Impact: recognizes students who demonstrate a genuine interest in the well-being of individuals in their community and are making a positive impact with their actions.
Artistic Impact: recognizes students who excel in the Arts – whether visual, performing, musical, or anything else that fits the definition of a creative endeavor.
Scholarship Application Process
In order to be eligible for a scholarship, students must have paid their deposit for the upcoming academic year, as well as complete the Scholarship Application within one week of submitting their academic application. Scholarships are limited and competitive; therefore, students are encouraged to apply early.
We collate scholarship applications around two deadlines each year, and priority will be given to students who apply before the deadline. If scholarship funds remain after the first deadline, they will be awarded on a rolling basis.
- Submit a completed Academic Application to Blyth Academy for full-year studies and be deemed a good fit by the principal of the campus you are applying to.
- Submit a completed Scholarship Application and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org within one week of submitting your academic application.
- Applicants should ensure they have included report cards or transcript as well as reference letters. (For students: Please remember to proof-read your application and take the time to present your best self.)
- If a scholarship is granted, the award must be accepted in writing by a parent/guardian by the deadline provided.
- The scholarship amount will reduce the total tuition amount owing.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN EQUITY-BASED AWARD, YOU MUST ALSO INCLUDE:
- Letter of financial need: a personal letter from a parent/guardian outlining your financial need.
- T4 or equivalent tax assessment: most recent statements of remuneration for all custodial parents or legal guardian(s).
- Scholarships will be awarded until all funds are allocated or the deadline passes, whichever comes last
- Scholarships cannot be awarded in cash
- Scholarships are non-transferrable to another student
- Scholarships cannot be deferred
- Learn more about tuition and fee deadlines on our Important Dates page.
Blyth Academy Terms and Conditions apply to all applications.
- Blyth Academy Terms and Conditions apply to all applications, except Equity-based awards:
- For Equity-based applicants, Terms and Conditions apply upon acceptance of scholarship. If an Equity-based application is denied, students are eligible for refund.